Tuesday 24 January 2012

Affirmations

Yesterday I was working on a major forgiveness burden I have carried over the years and I found it quite difficult to let go. I found it was easy to let go of certain events in my life and even had a light-bulb, “ah-hah!” moment last weekend about forgiving myself for something I didn't even realize I was carrying and was holding me back. I was able to forgive myself and found it quite cathartic to release the burden of failures I've had in the past, I even cried when I realized I could move on. It's amazing when you discover something like that. I suddenly feel free to succeed in that area of my life!

As for the “major” burden I am currently carrying, it has to do with a person, of whom I shall not name. Needless to say, I started writing all the things that happened between me and that person and all the emotions that go with it. I found it very difficult to forgive many of the things I wrote about. Forgiving was pretty hard and I'm not even done yet. I'm still trying to let go of past hurts (I'm the one carrying the emotional baggage of it all) and am finding it difficult to let go of years of pent up negative emotions. It's hard to change overnight. Really, it's not a simple as it seems. I am however trying to change my perspective, by remembering that no one is perfect and we all have our vices. Practicing forgiveness and starting with the small issues coupled with time is going to help.

Forgive me?
 
So on a lighter and more positive note, I want to talk about something I have really come to enjoy over the past year: affirmations. Affirmations are short statements that you say, write down, remind yourself until it becomes part of your thought process. Affirmations make you aware of what you want in life. They are positive reminders that change your thought process and your mood. You are asserting a thought that you want to become a truth. 
 

The more positive affirmations you make, the more you will see beauty in your life. Affirmations are always done in present tense so that they may become a truth to you. They are there to counter the negative thinking that might be your current situation. You can grab some off the internet to start or you can create your own:

1) Write in the present tense, not in the future
2) Be positive
3) Use words that are powerful and bring emotion
4) Repeat it to yourself by saying the statement out loud or looking at it a few times a day
5) Feel the emotions that come with what you are saying (important)
6) Have faith that it is already yours

If you want to find a better job, for example, instead of saying “I will no longer work in a crummy job”“I have found the job that I love to do” (positive).

A lot of the times, people are quite negative, even without realizing it. You might tell yourself,”I can't achieve this” and so your subconscious accepts that you can't and negative things happen. You attracted it with your thoughts. So why not do the opposite?

Stating what you want to be true in your life can transform your thoughts and your life. If you feel the statements to be true and really believe that it's yours, it will attract itself to your life.

Here is a list of affirmations I have found over time (on the net...can't remember who I grabbed them from!) There are so many categories to choose from. Print out this list or make your own and put it in a place where you can see it everyday. I'm sure it'll do you good!

Health
I am grateful for my healthy body and I bless every part of my body.
I am living a long and healthy life.
My body already knows how to heal and thrive. I allow my system to bring me to optimum health.
Forgiveness
As I follow the path of forgiveness, life becomes a new, clean slate on which I can draw my new life plan as I wish.
I release myself from my anger and let the past go.
Forgiveness is a gift I give to myself over and over again.

Goals
On the soul level, I release all fear of failure.
My written goals are helping me to achieve my life's purpose.
I recognize the barriers to achieving my goals and I move around them, over them and through them.
Spiritual
My mind and body are in complete alignment with the Universe and I am always in the flow.
I let go of fear. I let go of pain. I live in love.
I have unwavering faith.
Living in the Present Moment
This moment is mine. I choose to live life now.
I allow myself to experience this moment fully.
Good Morning Life! I am so grateful to be alive today.

Releasing Fear
I release my fear of failure. I am motivated by love, always.
I know that anything is possible when I put my mind to it.
I am a success.

Changing Careers
My intuition clearly guides me to my new career.
Changing careers is easy and joyous.
My career lets me express who I truly am.
Money
Money flows to me easily, frequently and abundantly.
Money is positive energy that takes care of my worldly needs and desires.
I know that the world is prosperous. I notice prosperity all around me.
Positive Self
Positive energy flows through me; each cell of my being is awake and alive with joy.
I release all negativity that is blocking the divine expression of who I am.
I am proud of myself.
Success
I am open to success.
I am successful and people are proud of me, excited for me and open to friendship.
Releasing all fear, I step into the success of accomplishing my dreams.

Motivation
Today I will take one step toward my dreams.
I possess the wisdom, the power, the motivation, the inspiration and the passion to accomplish anything and everything I choose.
Today is filled with opportunity. Everywhere I look I see it, and I trust my intuition to follow where it leads.

Friends & Family
Friendships have a life-cycle of their own. I am grateful for the gifts I have received from my friend and I allow him/her the freedom to explore life apart from me. I know that the friend I need at each moment in my life will appear with perfect timing.
I am surrounded by the love of friends and family.
My friendships are filled with love and joy.

Happiness
Happiness is everywhere I choose to see it, in the wag of a dogs tail, in the laugh of a child, in the bloom of a flower.
Right now, as I think this thought, circumstances are shifting to flood every aspect of my life with happiness.
I release all negativity and hold joy in my heart.

Love
I unconditionally give my love.
I have the honour of sharing my life with my love.
The warmth of love surrounds me.

Serenity
Peace is the default state of the Universe, and I allow peace to permeate my work and my life.
Peace of mind is within me. I am serene even in the midst of great turmoil. Serenity is my natural state of mind.
I stay centred within and respond peacefully to all circumstances. All I encounter and interact with treat me with respect and kindness.


That's about all for affirmations. Just say it, believe it, feel it, and it's yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment